Eco Soft Wax beeswax for chalk paint (NZ made) Clear
- Brand: Da Vinci Paints by Only Green
- Product Code: OG-SW
- Availability: 1
Only Green “Bee Amazed” Clear Soft Wax is made from natural renewable non-toxic ingredients. It is a beeswax formula that is natural (clear) or Dark (which gives an antique look) and made from a blend of natural oils and beeswax. There are no solvents used, no petroleum products and no chemicals added which is why it is natural and safe to use in your home.
- Eco friendly
- manufactured in New Zealand
- comes in clear and dark (3 sizes)
- made with natural beeswax,natural oil & Lemon Oil
Uses: Over chalk paint, shabby chic furniture & antique furniture and a good all round furniture wax..
Natural low odour with a touch of citrus makes using a pleasant experience.Chalk paint needs to be sealed. Buffed up wax is an effective and aesthetically pleasing sealant. It can take a little time but the results are worth it. Wipe on, wait to dry, then buff with clean rag. It is the same principle over chalk paint. Or you can apply dark wax (or wax tinted with chalk paint) with a brush and wipe off and buff with a rag. Or apply dark wax with a brush and then brush on clear wax to create interesting distressed protective finishes.
To use: Allow chalk paint to dry overnight, this is so paint has hard enough to rub wax in. If distressing do this prior to waxing, Apply a light coat of Only Greens Soft Wax (always apply in thin layers allowing wax to dry quickly) over chalk painted area
with a soft brush or a soft lint free cloth. If on wood always apply with the grain of the wood. As Only Greens soft wax has no solvents it may take a little longer to dry than other waxes so we suggest you let the wax completely dry overnight then buff for added shine. For a harder wax we recommend Only Greens Eco-Wax liquid Carnauba wax or Only Greens Glaze & Medium for a clear and hard finish Helpful hints: All waxes may alter the colour of the paint a couple of shades. Remember the more you buff the If applying a dark wax apply a clear coat first and then apply the dark wax to give a uniform colour .
- Number of Coats: normally one coat is enough. Heavy used areas such kitchens 3 coats is recommended. Wax is a maintenance system so when it looks a little tired clean and re-wax
- Coverage: 6-9 Sq metres per Litre (per coat) depending on porosity & texture of surface.
- Dry time: 3-4 Hours between coats and suggest overnight before buffing for best results (depends on humidity & temperature)
- Apply with: Wax Brush or lint free rag or cloth
- Thinning: Not recommended
- Clean-up: Warm soapy water
- Storage & surface temperature: Do not store or apply if lower than 10ºC or above 35 ºC